Week 1: SketchUp Model 1

My first attempt at creating a SketchUp model of an architecture for Gucci & CJ Hendry.

I encountered numerous problems and I found the computer program hard to use at first. I feel like there is a lot I need to improve on. 




Material selection:
For the top part of the structure, I used 'Cladding Siding Tan'
For the underground building, I used 'Cladding Stucco White'. I felt like I didn't pay enough to material selection. In this week's exercise, I focused more on creating the form of the building and using different colours to highlight the top and bottom part of the architecture. I intend to focus more on material selection in the next exercise. 

To improve:
- Don't merge top part of the architecture as a group - I was unable to colour separate elements of the building and add onto the ground level of the building because of this. 
- Improve on creating different shapes
- Learn how to control the computer program better - PRACTISE!
- Plan your 3D model before creating it on SketchUp
- Scale is off - work on this.

Tutor's Feedback: 
Rather than adding windows on the exterior of Gucci's underground building, try to portray the word 'esoteric' in the interior.

(NOTE: Previously, I thought the triangular windows would make the structure seem puzzling and mysterious. However, I learnt that there a more effective ways to achieve this effect.)

Section I based the architecture on:


Two words:
CJ Hendry - Frigid
Gucci - Esoteric

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 0: Introductory Activities Part 1

Experiment 2 : Week 1 - Research + Concepts