Week 2: My Stairs

UPDATE: 


After a few more practice, I was able to place the stairs inside the architecture rather than creating them outside the building.

Scheme 1: Old SketchUp Model 

The first few stairs I created were quite bad as I was still trying to work out how to use SketchUp. I found it difficult to create the stairs that I designed in my sections. The stairs ended up becoming more simple than I intended.  I decided to keep these stairs in the old SketchUp model as a reminder of how I can improve!

Stair 1 - CJ Hendry - Frigid
The stairs  curve around and eventually reach ground level. Since the 1st SketchUp Model was quite poorly made/put together, I had difficulty creating these stairs.

Stair 2 - Gucci - Esoteric
(NOTE: I've hidden some walls in the picture)
I wanted curved edges around the stairs but after many attempts, I was unable to achieve the desired effect. Hence I decided to keep the rectanglar shape. I feel like there is still this esoteric feel to the stairs since it is all white and in a sense, tries to camouflage with the white walls. 

To improve:
- Scale 
- Creating shapes, railings, etc



Scheme 2: New SketchUp Model

The stairs here are much better crafted and I feel like I'm slowly learning how to create my desired design with SketchUp. 
I intend to focus on improving these 2 stairs as I will be using Scheme 2 as my final piece of architecture for Experiment 1 submission. 

Stair 1 - CJ Hendry - Rubble
(NOTE: I've hidden some walls in these pictures)





Stair 2 - Gucci - Nightmare
(NOTE: I've hidden some walls in these pictures)



You can see here how one can access the underground architecture through these stairs. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 0: Introductory Activities Part 1

Experiment 2 : Week 1 - Research + Concepts